Welcome to your one-stop-shop to get your school on a path to health.
Any adult in the school building, whether you are a physical education teacher, food service director, classroom teacher, or parent, can get involved and make a difference in helping kids to develop lifelong healthy habits that will benefit them in the classroom and beyond.
Join the Healthy Schools Program
The best way you can join the movement is to join the Healthy Schools Program. A healthy school is vital to preparing students for success. Enroll your school today, or join your school's team if it's already enrolled, at no-cost at Schools.HealthierGeneration.org.
Download Nutrition and Physical Activity Ideas
Below are a few resources and ideas to start you on the path of creating a healthy school. Check them out, and get member-only access to even more once you’ve joined the Healthy Schools Program.
Healthy kids lean better. Get cooking with healthy recipes from some of our National Healthy Schools Award-winning schools.
Healthy Fundraising Solutions
Get tips for fundraisers that raise money while reinforcing a healthy learning environment for students.
Healthy Ways to Reward Children
Learn new ways to reward students that don’t undermine healthy habits that enable them to perform at their best at school.
Physical Activity Breaks
On the playground or in the classroom: Get kids moving and improve their focus no matter where you are in the school building.
How to Start a Walking Club
Walking clubs are simple and inclusive ways to get everyone at school moving more and learning better at school. Start one today.
Advocate for Healthy Changes
Is your school healthy? Ask your leadership for support.
- Ask to join the Healthy Schools Program
- Ask district administrators to support nutrition at school
- Ask district administrators to support physical activity/education at school
Share on Social Media
Public awareness brings change. Help share the critical role schools play in ensuring our nation's kids are healthy. Copy+paste the messages below to share on Twitter and Facebook.
- Congratulations to the 300+ schools named America’s Healthiest Schools by @HealthierGen. See the schools in your area? www.healthiergeneration.org
- Feeling inspired by all the great work for being done by America’s #HealthiestSchools and @HealthierGen www.healthiergeneration.org
- Kids around the country are benefiting from America’s #HealthiestSchools and @HealthierGen. Take a look: www.healthiergeneration.org
- Felicidades a las escuelas más sanas de 2016 #HealthiestSchools. ¿Tu escuela está en la lista? www.healthiergeneration.org
Congratulations to the more than 300 schools named America’s Healthiest Schools by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. See what a culture of health looks like near you: www.healthiergeneration.org
Right click the image above and select “Save Image As” to download. Then share it with your Facebook post!
Felicidades a las más de 300 escuelas nombradas como las más sanas de Estados Unidos por @The Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Busca tu escuela en la lista. www.healthiergeneration.org