Asian Salad Bowl
- 3.5 lbs Soba noodles
- 19 lbs bok choy, shredded
- 10.5 lbs mix of red, green and yellow peppers
- 8.8 lbs snow peas
- 27.4 lbs mandarin oranges or approx. 4-1/8 each #10 cans (canned in light syrup or natural juice)
- 12.5 lbs grilled chicken
- 2 lbs sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Kewl Asian Dip (See ingredients and recipe below.)
- 100 rice cakes (cheddar or variety of choices)
- Prepare Soba noodles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Shred and steam bok choy for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Cook until stalks are tender and leaves just wilted. Be careful not to overcook.
- Chop or dice peppers.
- Serve in 30 oz bowl.
- Place noodles in bottom of bowl.
- Arrange bok choy, peppers, snow peas and oranges around perimeter of bowl in individual clumps.
- Place sliced grilled chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve with 1 oz of Kewl Asian Dip and 1 rice cake.
Kewl Asian Dip (Serving size: 1 oz)
- 1/8 cup granulated garlic
- 2½ cups rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup ground ginger
- 3 cups olive oil
- 3 cups reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 quart water
- 16 oz honey
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer bowl.
- Blend for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover and refrigerate at 41°F or below until served.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight to develop flavors.
- Stir or shake well before service.
- Calories: 343
- Total fat: 12.45g
- Saturated fat: 1.82g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 581mg
- Carbohydrates: 39.07g
For One Serving
- 1/2 cup Soba noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded bok choy (steamed)
- 1/4 cup mix of red, green and yellow peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges (canned in light syrup or natural juice)
- 2 oz grilled chicken
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 oz Kewl Asian Dip
- 1 Rice cake
SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS