Try this tasty Lorena Garcia recipe for a Chicken Rice Bowl!
Makes 100 servings.
Chicken Rice Bowl (Serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 10 lbs brown rice (medium grain)
- 2 gallons and 1 ¼ quart low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups veggie sofrito (see corresponding recipe)
- 9 tablespoons Latin spice (see corresponding recipe
- Place 2.5 lbs of brown rice in each 12" x 20" x 4" steam table pan. For 100 servings, use 4 pans.
- In a steam kettle or tilting skillet bring chicken stock, sofrito and Latin spices to a boil.
- Add 2 quarts and 1.25 cups of hot chicken stock to each pan of rice.
- Cover each pan of rice with plastic wrap and foil.
- Bake: Conventional oven: 350° F for 50 minutes / Convection oven: 350° F for 40 minutes
- Steamer: 40 minutes Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds. Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher.
- 1¼ lbs onions, raw
- 1/8 cup garlic, chopped jarred
- 1¼ lbs sweet red peppers (Purchase pre-cut if available.)
- 1¼ lbs sweet green peppers (Purchase pre-cut if available.)
- ½ lb celery, diced (Purchase pre-cut if available.)
- 1 each #10 can of crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Chop onions and peppers. Dice celery.
- In a steam kettle or tilting skillet add olive oil. Let oil heat up for 1 minute.
- Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are clear.
- Add red and green peppers and celery. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add crushed tomatoes. Cook until all ingredients are soft. (Approximately 15 minutes)
- Cool according to HACCP guidelines.
Latin Spice (Makes 9 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, granulated
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon and 1.5 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon and 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- Combine all spices and mix thoroughly.
- 49 lbs USDA 8 piece whole cut up chicken
- 1 and ½ gallons veggie sofrito (see corresponding recipe)
- 20 limes
- Place approximately 25 pieces of chicken on each sheet pan 18" x 26" x 1". For 100 servings use 6 sheet pans.
- Spread 1 quart of sofrito evenly over chicken on each pan.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or at most overnight.
- Bake uncovered: Conventional oven: 425° F for 30-45 minutes / Convection oven: 375° F for 30-45 minutes
- Check frequently. Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds. Transfer to steam table pans (12" x 20" x 2 ½"). For 100 servings, use 4 pans. Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher. Slice each lime into 5 slices. Place slice of lime on each serving or portion.
- Calories: 460
- Total fat: 16.92g
- Saturated fat: 4.43g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 195mg
SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS