Lush dark green spinach with fresh strawberries slices, raisins, caramelized onions topped with grill chicken and 1/2 of a hard-boiled egg to create the entree salad. Pair with homemade mustard vinaigrette dressing, milk and a bread-stick to complete the meal.
Recipe created in Williamsburg - James City, Virginia.
Makes 25 servings.
- 25 Chicken patties, grilled
- 37 ½ cups Spinach, raw
- 12 ½ cups, Strawberries, sliced
- ¾ cup Margarine
- 3 ¼ lb Onions, raw
- 1 cup Brown sugar, unpacked
- 6 large Eggs, hard-boiled
- 12 ½ cup Raisins, seedless
- Cook chicken according to manufacturer instructions
- Cool chicken according to HACCP standards.
- Slice chicken length-wise into 3 slices approximately 1 inch wide.
- Wash spinach & strawberries.
- Cut strawberries length-wise in thin slivers.
- Peel & thinly slice onions.
- Melt margarine in skillet. Place onions & brown sugar in melted margarine. Caramelize onions. (Onions are cooked to a soft state with a light brown color.) Set onions to the side.
- Boil eggs to a hard boil state or use purchased hard boiled eggs.
- Cut eggs length-wise in half.
Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 & 1/3 cup Yellow mustard
- 1 ½ cup Cider vinegar
- ½ cup Brown sugar, unpacked
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Honey
- Mix mustard, vinegar, brown sugar, water & honey.
- Blend in blender.
Saturated fat: 2.02g
Trans fat: 0g
- Place 1 ½ cups of spinach on plate.
- Add ½ cup strawberries & ¼ cup raisins on top of spinach.
- Place sliced chicken in middle of plate on top of spinach.
- Add ¼ cup of caramelized onions on top of chicken.
- Place ¼ of an egg on side of spinach.
- Place 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of Mustard Vinaigrette Dressing in soufflé cup. Serve on side with salad.