Try this delicious Rachael Ray recipe for Mexi Mac and Cheese!
Makes 100 servings.
Mexi Mac & Cheese (Serving size: 1.5 cup)
- 6 lbs whole grain rotini pasta
- 6 lbs reduced fat american cheese
- 5 lbs reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 gallon low-fat, low sodium chicken stock
- 1 gallon 1% milk
- 1 #10 can low sodium salsa (USDA)
- 5 lbs corn (frozen) or 1-5/8, #10 cans corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/8 cup nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 6 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- Cook pasta "al dente" (2 minutes less than you would cook pasta for immediate serving) and cool following HACCP procedures one day prior to serving.
- On the stove in a medium sized sauce pot make a roux* with the flour and oil.
- In a steam kettle on medium heat bring the milk to a simmer, add the roux and mix thoroughly.
- As the milk thickens add the chicken stock.
- When this thickens to a medium consistency add the cheese slowly mixing well to incorporate it into the milk.
- Add the salsa, corn, chili powder and nutmeg. Cook for ten minutes.
- Add the pasta and mix well to coat in sauce.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to four 2-inch deep serving pans and top with 1½ cups cheddar cheese each. (25 servings per pan)
- Bake in over at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Before serving add cilantro to top of pan as garnish.
- Cover and hold according to HACCP Hot Food Holding Guidelines.
- Calories: 318
- Total fat: 12.5g
- Saturated fat: 6.6g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 720mg
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Serve in a 30 oz. bowl.
- Use a 12 oz. scoop for mac & cheese.
SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS