Try this yummy Lorena Garcia recipe for Pasta al Forno!
Makes 100 servings.
Pasta al Forno (Serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 6 lbs whole wheat rotini
- 2 gallons pomodoro sauce
- 10.5 lbs mozzarella cheese, light
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, light
- 1 and ¼ cup basil, fresh
- In a steam kettle, cook pasta 2 minutes less than manufacturer's directions
- Drain. Do not rinse.
- Add pomodoro sauce.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from kettle. Divide mixture into 3 each 4 inch steam table pans (12" x 20" x 4").
- Mix 3.5 pounds of cheese in each pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Bake: Convection oven: 350° F for 30 minutes / Conventional oven: 375° F for 30-45 minutes
- Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds. Uncover. Sprinkle a 2/3 pounds of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil over the top of each pan. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes. Hold for hot service at 135° F or higher.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 lbs onions, raw
- 2 lbs leeks, raw
- 2 lbs scallions, raw
- ½ cup basil, fresh
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/8 cup black pepper
- ¼ cup garlic, chopped jarred
- 5 lbs raw carrots, diced (Diced product can be used and purchased.)
- 5 lbs celery, diced (Diced product can be used and purchased.)
- 2 #10 can low sodium diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 quart V-8 juice, low sodium
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- Chop onions, leeks, scallions, basil and garlic. Dice carrots and celery or purchase diced products.
- In a steam kettle or tilting skillet add olive oil. Let oil heat up for 1 minute.
- Add onions, leeks, scallions, basil and garlic. Cook until onions are clear. (Approximately 10 minutes)
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes, V-8 juice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Heat to 140° or higher
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Cool according to HACCP guidelines.
- Calories: 284
- Total fat: 8.82g
- Saturated fat: 4.30g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 414mg
- Serve Pasta Al Forno in 20 ounce bowl.
- Use an 8 ounce ladle or #4 scoop to portion pasta al forno.
SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS