Try this super Reed Alexander recipe for South of the Border Pizza!
Makes 100 servings.
- 100 whole-grain flatbreads
- 8 lbs salad mix
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 7 lbs red bell peppers (sliced)
- 17 limes
- 12½ lbs grilled chicken
- 1 lb and 9 oz reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 3 bunches cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- Kewl Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Place flatbread in a 30 oz. bowl.
- Add salad mix, black bean and corn salsa and red pepper slices.
- Top with sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
- Place lime wedge on top of the salad.
- Serve with 1 oz of cilantro lime dressing.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa (Serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 green peppers
- 2 medium red onions, peeled
- 2 bunches cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2.5 #10 cans low sodium corn, drained and rinsed
- 2.5 #10 cans low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- Wash peppers. Cut in half and remove ribs and seeds.
- Put peppers, onions and cilantro through buffalo chopper or food processor.
- Mix pepper-onion-cilantro mixture with lemon juice and oil. (dressing)
- Combine above dressing with drained corn and beans. Stir so dressing coats entire mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight at 41ºF or below.
Kewl Cilantro Lime Dressing (Serving size: 1 oz)
- 3¾ cups olive oil
- 1 cup cilantro, cleaned thoroughly (approximately 1 bunch)
- 1¼ cups lime juice
- 1 quart and 3½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 5 oz honey
- Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Blend for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover and refrigerate at 41°F or below until service.
- For best results, refrigerate overnight to develop flavor.
- Stir or shake well before serving.
- Calories: 564
- Total fat: 24.02g
- Saturated fat: 5.25g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 804mg
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Use squirt bottle to apply dressing. Swirl on salad to add an attractive, appealing touch.
For One Serving
- 1 whole-grain flatbread
- 1/2 cup salad mix
- 1/2 cup Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers (sliced into strips)
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 oz grilled chicken
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle of cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 1 oz Kewl Cilantro Lime Dressing