Try this delectable Rachael Ray recipe for Southwest Turkey Cobb Salad!
Makes 100 servings.
Diced Turkey (Serving size: 2 oz)
- 20 lbs turkey roasts (USDA)
- Southwest spice rub:
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup dried cilantro
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 13 lbs of romaine lettuce
- Partially defrost turkey roasts.
- Slice partially defrosted roast into 1 inch thick "steaks."
- Dredge steaks through Southwest spice rub 1 hour before cooking and place steaks on lined sheet pans.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Cool according to HACCP SOP.
- After cooling, dice turkey into 1 inch cubes.
- Wash and chop romaine lettuce prior to serving
Rachael Ray's Yum-o! Ranch Sauce (Serving size: 1 oz)
- 6.5 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 20 oz lowfat plain yogurt
- 8 oz light sour cream
- 3-1/3 cups reduced fat salad dressing (USDA)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely sliced
- Pepper (to taste)
- Pour buttermilk, yogurt, sour cream and salad dressing into mixing bowl.
- Put all other ingredients into a food processor and process until chopped into a fine mixture.
- Mix into ranch dressing and refrigerate overnight.
Black Bean and Roast Corn Salad (Serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 2 cans low sodium black beans, drained
- 2.5 cans low sodium corn, drained
- 4 medium red onions
- 3 medium red peppers
- 3 medium green peppers
- 2 bunches cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn.
- Roast corn in oven at 350 degrees until corn colors slightly.
- Peel onions and wash and cut red/green peppers in half, removing seeds and ribs.
- Put peppers, onions and cilantro through buffalo chopper or food processor.
- Mix with corn, beans, lemon juice and oil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Calories: 300
- Total fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 820mg
- Carbohydrates: 35.7g
- Serve in a 30-oz bowl.
- Fill bowl with 1 cup lettuce.
- Use a 4-oz spoodle for corn and black bean salad.
- Use a 2-oz spoodle for the turkey.
- Serve with 1 oz Yum-o! ranch sauce.
- Chopped cilantro makes a nice garnish.