Try this delicious Rachael Ray recipe for Turkey Tacos!
Makes 100 servings.
Turkey Taco Meat (Serving size: 4 oz)
- 18 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 10 medium yellow onions, diced
- 5 jalapenos, raw, chopped fine (optional)
- 2 bunches cilantro, cleaned thoroughly and chopped
- 2 #10 cans low sodium salsa (USDA)
- 1/2 gallon low-fat, low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cumin, ground
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (to taste)
- 200 soft or hard taco shells (whole grain)
- 6.25 lbs reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 lbs lettuce, shredded
- 2 #10 cans reduced sodium salsa
- Heat a steam kettle or tilt skillet to medium high. Brown turkey, drain fat and remove from kettle.
- Close drain and add oil.
- Cook onion, jalapeno and half the cilantro until onions are soft and clear (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add cooked turkey meat and mix well.
- Add salsa, chicken stock and spices. Cook until liquid is reduced by half about 15 minutes.
- Place in 2 inch deep pans and top with remaining cilantro.
Mexican Brown Rice (Serving size: 1/4 cup)
- 5 lbs brown rice medium grain
- 1 #10 can low sodium salsa (USDA)
- 3 bunches cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 5 limes
- Prepare rice according to package.
- Gently mix in salsa after rice is cooked making sure not to smash it all up.
- Garnish each pan with chopped cilantro and lime slices.
Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salad (Serving size: 1/2 cup)
- 2 cans low sodium black beans, drained
- 2.5 cans low sodium corn, drained
- 4 medium red onions
- 3 medium red peppers
- 3 medium green peppers
- 2 bunches cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn.
- Roast corn in oven at 350 degrees until corn colors slightly.
- Peel onions and wash and cut red/green peppers in half, removing seeds and ribs.
- Put peppers, onions and cilantro through buffalo chopper or food processor.
- Mix with corn, beans, lemon juice and oil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Rachael Ray's Yum-o! Ranch Sauce (Serving size: 1 oz)
- 6.5 cups lowfat buttermilk
- 20 oz lowfat plain yogurt
- 8 oz light sour cream
- 3-1/3 cups reduced fat salad dressing (USDA)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, cleaned thoroughly
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely sliced
- Pepper (to taste)
- Pour buttermilk, yogurt, sour cream and salad dressing into mixing bowl.
- Put all other ingredients into a food processor and process until chopped into a fine mixture.
- Mix into ranch dressing and refrigerate overnight.
- Calories: 322
- Total fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Sodium: 409mg
- Carbohydrates: 33.8g
- Serve in a 3 compartment plate
- Serve 2 soft shell tacos (6" whole grain)
- Serve 1, #8 scoop of taco meat
- Serve 1/4 cup of rice
- Serve 1/2 cup of black bean and roasted corn salad
- Serve 1 oz cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup salsa and 1/2 cup shredded lettuce on the serving line
- Add 1 oz Yum-o! Ranch Sauce