Dance to 10 with Active Schools and SPARK Programs
SPARK Programs has been supporting childhood health since 1989 with evidence-based Physical Education, After School, Early Childhood, and Coordinated School Health programs. This month they are joining our #Commit2Ten campaign with an easy way to dance to 10 more minutes of physical activity.
Watch their video and follow the instructions below to learn a new way to get moving with you and yours.
1. Start with a 12 count intro.
2. Jump 4x and say “5-6-7-8” (4 counts)
3. Grapevine right then left (8 counts)
4. Skate: Step together with right foot, the left foot. Repeat (8 counts)
5. Touch right hip, left hip, right glute, left glute, clap 2x, “Raise the Roof” 2x (8 counts)
6. Backward Walk: Walk backward 4 steps, counting “1-2-3-4” (4 counts)
Repeat from the start until the end of song.
|Download Lesson Plan Instructions (PDF)||Watch Instructional Video|
#Commit2Ten with SPARK Programs!
Only 1 in 3 children is physically active each day. To spread the word about the lack of physical activity in schools—and across the country—the Alliance for a Healthier Generation is launching #Commit2Ten, a campaign challenging the nation to add 10 more minutes of physical activity a day.
Through #Commit2Ten, we invite individuals, families, schools, afterschool programs, companies, and communities to prove that a little more physical activity makes a big difference.