My Healthy Weight is the first-ever collective initiative offering obesity prevention and treatment for individuals of all ages. A collaborative of healthcare leaders across the nation, including private and public payers and employers, has joined together in this innovative pledge. The initiative will provide millions of individuals nationally with consistent coverage to support healthy weight change.
Benefits to Join
Reduce short- and long-term healthcare costs and productivity loss
Support company health commitments and goals
Increase brand position as innovative and employee-centered
Access support for company commitments and goals
"Creating meaningful health change requires good partnerships. In South Carolina, our focus on promoting healthy weight brings together dietitians, physicians, data analysts, task forces and community champions. The My Healthy Weight initiative expands the reach of this work with new partners."Amanda Q. Williams, South Carolina Department of HHS
Expanding obesity prevention and treatment
With this pledge, beginning on January 1, 2019, My Healthy Weight members commit to build on their organization’s efforts to fight obesity. The following are key components of the pledge:
Members will offer intensive behavioral interventions every plan year for members with a qualifying diagnosis:
- At least 12 visits for adults with a BMI ≥ 30
- At least 6 contact hours for adults with a BMI ≥ 25 and one or more risk factors for cardiovascular disease
- At least 12 visits for children ages 3 years or older with a BMI ≥ 95th percentile
- At least 8 visits for children ages 3 years or older with a BMI 85th - 95th percentile
Members will implement and/or cover one or more community-based program(s) for adults and/or children:
- Adult-focused programs: Qualifying programs should have a previously demonstrated ability to achieve at least a five percent weight loss in adult participants.
- Child-focused programs: Qualifying programs should have a previously demonstrated ability to achieve a BMI percentile decrease in child participants.
Contact our team to get involved with the initiative.
Our partners for this initiative include:
Support from Blue Cross NC is for the purpose of serving residents of North Carolina.