Our 8-session evidence-based course, empowerME4Life, equips youth with the skills and knowledge to eat better and move more. Each 45-minute session builds on the last to reinforce lifelong skills for nutrition and fitness. Teen and adult facilitators can use empowerME4Life in afterschool and community environments to teach the 5 steps to healthier living.
Click play on the video below to see how empowerME4Life helps kids teach other kids about health. Watch how youth learn to build sustainable lifestyles with the 5 Steps to Healthier Living:
- Get physically active for 60 minutes each day
- Drink primarily water, 1 percent or fat free milk, and 100 percent juice with no added sugars
- Eat fruits and vegetables with EVERY meal
- Cut back on screen time and limit it to 1-2 hours a day
- Get at least 9 hours of sleep every night