- Find out if your local school has a wellness council you can join to find out about the healthy eating and physical activity efforts there.
- Partner with your local school to run a community event, such as a fun run/walk or cooking demo.
- Donate items that can help make a health and wellness event a success.
- Help the school harness the expertise within the community. Is there a local dietitian or nutrition program that would host a grocery store tour? Or a fitness professional who would do a demo? How about a restaurant that would cook up veggies to try on a flat grill at a family event? Think outside the box how the community services and interests can help the local school!
- Check out the Family section – are there ideas you could help with?
- Do you have expertise you can lend?
- Grocery store tour
- Fitness demo
- Graphic Design work
- Don’t have time to join the wellness council but want to help out? Pull out your checkbook! Give them $$$ to support health and wellness goals.
We offer virtual trainings, curricula and online communities to support school leaders.
Join the Conversation
Visit our online community to ask questions about updating your wellness policy and talk with experts.
SUBSCRIBE VIA RSS