Tips for Community Members
Are you a member of the community wondering how you can get involved in school wellness? Here are some places to start!
- Find out if your local school has a wellness committee you can join to find out about the healthy eating and physical activity efforts there.
- Partner with your local school to run a healthy community event, such as a fun run/walk or cooking demo.
- Donate items that can help make a health and wellness event a success.
- Help the school harness the expertise within the community. Is there a local dietitian or nutrition program who would host a grocery store tour? Or a fitness professional who would do a demo? Think outside the box how the community services and interests can help the local school!
- Check out our tips for families – are there ideas you could help with?
- Do you have an expertise you can lend?
- Grocery store tour
- Fitness demo
- Marketing and communications
- Graphic design
- Don’t have time to join the wellness council but want to help out? Pull out your checkbook! Your local school will be grateful to receive funds to support their health and wellness goals.