District Communications Toolkit
What’s the Scoop?
Kinsa Health and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation have joined forces to provide families and staff with free Kinsa QuickCare smart thermometers and the support they need to make the best decisions for keeping their community healthy and safe.
Fever is one of the earliest signs of illness. By distributing free thermometers and information to the families in your community, you can help track and prevent the spread of illness. Check out the public health tool millions of Kinsa users have built together at https://healthweather.us/.
What Does This Mean for Parents, Educators and Community Members?
Parents and guardians, educators, and community members who use the Kinsa QuickCare thermometer will have direct access to the free Kinsa app, built by public health pros and licensed clinicians to give personalized care recommendations each time someone logs a symptom, diagnosis or feverish temperature.
Healthier Generation is working with Kinsa and school staff to engage families in healthy practices like daily temperature taking and informed decision-making to help keep their family and school community safe.
How You Can Spread the Word
Use the sample talking points and communications below to encourage regular thermometer use and proactive healthy habits among families in your community. Customize each communication to meet the unique needs of your community and share with families using one or more of the following channels:
- Social Media
- Automatic calls
- Teacher notes
- School apps
- Other communication channels your school/community uses
Sample Talking Points
Use the following talking points to support family engagement and communicate with families about staying well by using their free Kinsa QuickCare thermometer:
- While symptoms can be sneaky, fevers are not. One of the most reliable ways to identify illness early is to take temperatures regularly at night. When you spot illness sooner, you can make better decisions about how to keep the rest of your family well.
- Kinsa thermometers pair with the Kinsa app, which is built by public health pros and licensed clinicians to give personalized care recommendations every time someone logs a symptom, diagnosis or feverish temperature. By downloading and pairing the free Kinsa app with your thermometer, you can be informed about safe next steps and what to do if your child has a fever.
- When you use Kinsa, you’re joining the movement to track and prevent the spread of illness in your community. Using your Kinsa thermometer and app helps community leaders track the number of fevers in your area and make faster, smarter decisions that keep your family safe.
Sample Email and/or Newsletter Blurb
Do you already send regular emails or newsletters to your school families? The sample blurb below can easily be copied/pasted into your existing communications and tailored to meet the needs of families in your community:
Did you know that regularly taking temperature can help keep your family healthy? Fever is a common symptom of COVID-19 (“coronavirus”) and influenza (“the flu”), so taking temperatures every day can help you better monitor your family’s health and make decisions that keep you and your community safe.
If you received a free Kinsa QuickCare thermometer from us, please remember to download the free Kinsa app. The app will help inform you of the steps to take after checking a temperature, including what to do if your child has a fever. The app can also indicate where there are larger numbers of fevers in your community. To get started, please follow the simple steps in this document.
If your family did not receive a free Kinsa thermometer, please contact [insert appropriate school contact].
¿Sabía usted que tomarse la temperatura regularmente puede ayudar a mantener a su familia sana? La fiebre es un síntoma común de COVID-19 ("coronavirus") y la influenza ("la gripe"), así que tomarse la temperatura todos los días puede ayudarle a monitorear mejor la salud de su familia y a tomar decisiones que los mantengan a usted y a su comunidad protegidos.
Si recibió de nosotros un termómetro Kinsa QuickCare gratis, por favor, recuerde descargar la aplicación gratuita Kinsa. La aplicación le ayudará a informarle de los pasos a seguir después de tomarse la temperatura, incluyendo qué hacer si uno de sus niños tiene fiebre. La aplicación también puede indicarle dónde hay un mayor número de fiebres en su comunidad. Para empezar, por favor, siga los sencillos pasos en este documento.
Si su familia no recibió un termómetro Kinsa QuickCare gratis, por favor, comuníquese con [insert appropriate school contact].
Sample Social Media Posts
- Great news for [insert school name] families: @Kinsa and @HealthierGen have joined forces to launch a new family health initiative, which will support families with free smart technology and information to keep you healthy and safe during flu season and beyond. https://www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa-family-user-guide
- Don't forget to download the Kinsa app to use with your free thermometer! Keep your family healthy and help prevent the spread of illness in our community: https://www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa-family-user-guide
- Fever is one of the earliest signs of illness, but @Kinsa and @HealthierGen are here to support [insert # of families receiving thermometers if known + school name] families with free tools to stay well! Follow these simple steps to get started today: https://www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa-family-user-guide
- Buenas noticias para las familias de [insert school name]: @Kinsa y @HealthierGen se han unido para lanzar una nueva iniciativa de salud familiar a apoyará a nuestras familias con tecnología inteligente gratuita e información para mantenerlos sanos y protegidos durante la temporada de gripe y más allá. https://www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa-family-user-guide
- No olvide descargar la aplicación Kinsa para usarla con su termómetro gratis. Mantiene a su familia sana y ayuda a prevenir la propagación de enfermedades en nuestra comunidad: https://www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa-family-user-guide
- La fiebre es una de las primeras señales de enfermedad, pero @Kinsa y @HealthierGen están aquí para ayudar a las [insert # of families receiving thermometers if known] familias de [school name] con herramientas gratuitas para mantenerse sanos. Siga estos pasos sencillos para empezar hoy. https://www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa-family-user-guide
NOTE: If posting on Instagram, please replace @Kinsa with @kinsa_health and @HealthierGen with @healthiergeneration.
- Press Release:
- Landing page: www.healthiergeneration.org/kinsa
Contact Krista Washington, Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.