Nancy Brown is Chief Executive Officer of the American Heart Association (AHA), a 99-year-old organization guided by an unwavering mission: To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Under Nancy’s leadership as CEO since 2008, the AHA has become a global authority on cardiovascular and brain health as well as overall health and well-being, active in more than 100 countries. Forging powerful partnerships – together with 35 million volunteers, supporters and staff – Nancy champions equitable health for all and is committed to innovation at the intersection of science, technology and public health on behalf of patients everywhere.
- The Association has invested over $5 billion to accelerate scientific discoveries in cardiovascular and cerebrovascular care and drive innovation since 1949.
- Ensuring longer, healthier lives for all patients by elevating heart and stroke quality improvement programs, registries and resuscitation science.
- Advocating for policies and legislation that support healthy communities and access to affordable, equitable care through AHA’s expansive You’re The Cure grassroots network and Voices for Healthy Kids.
- Addressing health disparities through the AHA Social Impact Fund, Bernard J. Tyson Impact Fund and BrightTorch Ventures.
- Empowering women’s health through the Go Red for Women® movement and Research Goes Red.
- Improving the health and well-being of the nation’s workforce through the AHA CEO Roundtable.
- Launching a multisector initiative to establish definitive evidence on the efficacy of Food Is Medicine programs and remove barriers to population-scale policy, clinical practice, and covered benefit changes.
- Responding to COVID-19 through rapid research, advocacy, education and resources for patients, healthcare workers and consumers.
Nancy is also a leader with the World Economic Forum (WEF), where she serves as a member and immediate past co-chair of the Health &
Healthcare Governors Community; co-chair of the Global Health Equity Network, and executive board member of the Global Coalition for Value in Healthcare.