Nancy Brown is Chief Executive Officer of the American Heart Association (AHA), a 97-year-old organization guided by an unwavering mission: To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives.
Under Nancy’s leadership as CEO since 2008, the AHA has become a global authority on cardiovascular and brain health as well as overall health and well-being. Forging powerful partnerships – together with 40 million volunteers, supporters and staff – Nancy champions equitable health for all and is committed to innovation at the intersection of science, technology and public health on behalf of patients everywhere.
Key initiatives include:
- Responding to COVID-19 through rapid research, advocacy, education and resources for patients, healthcare workers and consumers.
- Transforming research to accelerate scientific discoveries on critical health topics and drive innovation.
- Ensuring longer, healthier lives for all patients by elevating heart and stroke quality improvement programs, registries and resuscitation science.
- Advocating for policies and legislation that support healthy communities and access to affordable, equitable care through AHA’s expansive You’re The Cure grassroots network and Voices for Healthy Kids.
- Addressing health disparities through the AHA Social Impact Fund, Bernard J. Tyson Impact Fund and BrightTorch Ventures.
- Empowering women’s health through the Go Red for Women® movement and Research Goes Red.
- Improving the health and well-being of the nation’s workforce through the AHA CEO Roundtable.
Nancy is a co-founder and board member of the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, past chairman and board member of the National Health Council, vice chairman and board member of the Truth Initiative, board and executive committee member for Research! America, and a board member of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and Coalition to Transform Advanced Care.
She is also a global leader with the World Economic Forum (WEF), serving as member and immediate past co-chairman of the Health & Healthcare Governors Community; founding partner and global advisory board member for the WEF Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution; executive board member of the Global Coalition for Value in Healthcare; and member of the board of advisors for the Social Determinants of Health Platform.